June 16, 2024

Flemish mercenaries

It’s been a bit too hot to paint so I got on with some more assembly. This took me much longer than I would have thought possible, simply because of the amount of time I spent considering the components for the standard bearer and captain.

Anyhow, my ideas for the organisation of the mercenaries have crystalised; there will be two companies, one Yorkist and one Lancastrian. Each will comprise a captain, standard bearer, and musician, two small contingents armed with hand guns and crossbows (eight figures each), and two hand culverins (two figures each).

Flemish command for the Yorkist mercenaries, and the Flemish hand gunners begin to take shape. All are a mix of Perry Miniatures’ metal and plastic, and Steel Fist Miniatures’ metal dollies.

No comments:

Post a Comment