April 20, 2024

More mercenary hand gunners, and thoughts on unit sizes

I was looking at my first two units of ‘skirmishers’ (in Never Mind the Billhooks terms), and felt they looked a bit small … too small … not by much, but a bit mean.

I went through this thought process with my Sudan project: the recommended number of figures for a unit in a given rule set compared to how that looked and whether I was satisfied with the appearance. This is the modeller/collector in me rather than the gamer, of course.

Anyhow, thinking of the standard Never Mind the Billhooks company of 12 figures, and looking at my units of six skirmishers, I decided to scale up to 16 and eight figures respectively … I think.

Another four mercenary hand gunners to join their compatriots, comprising Perry Miniatures’ plastic figures and a Steel Fist Miniatures’ dolly. Once again I have added a pouch using ProCreate and the fellow with the soft hat gets a helmet to hang off of his belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment