April 13, 2024

Mercenary hand gunners

I have got around to finishing the assembly of two contingents of mercenary hand gunners. I augmented the Perry Miniatures’ plastic mercenary figures with a set of six Italian hand gunners from their European Armies range.

I liked the kneeling figure who looked as if he might make a captain, and thought he would be a good fit with a kneeling figure based on a Steel Fist Miniatures’ dolly. I selected heads from the plastic frames to compliment the metal figures, and the two fellows with soft hats got helmets hanging from their belts. I also fashioned a couple of pouches for the figures which were without them.

I have a similar number of crossbowmen in various stages of assembly, which will be the subject of a later post.

Two contingents of mercenary hand gunners comprising Perry Miniatures’ metal and plastic figures, and a couple of Steel Fist Miniatures’ dollies.

2 comments:

  1. These are great posts! I've been so busy purchasing ECW from Steel Fist that I missed their WotR offerings. Last week a friend and I played a game of Test of Resolve. We had a great time and it rekindled my fire for this fantastic period. I'm looking forward to following your progress, as well as restarting my own efforts! Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Their ECW range looks great too.

    The challenge I am feelinng is the amount of assembly required – I have about 80 metal figures, but the bulk – 300 or so – will be plastic. But I love the variety that it is possible to achive, especially given the interchangability across the plastic sets. The Steel Fist dollies are a fantastic addition.

    Cheers
    JJ

    ReplyDelete