March 23, 2024

Hand culverins and light cannon

A post on the Never Mind the Billhooks Facebook group showing Mark Copplestone’s hand cannon miniatures reminded me how much I had wanted these figures when I first saw them many many years ago.

I discovered that they are available from Forlorn Hope Games on ebay. They also have a light cannon model with two rather animated crew, also by Copplestone … so I bought a couple of sets of each to augment my artillery park.

At the time of writing I am not sure if the hand cannons are historically accurate weapons – they are from the Warhammer Fantasy range. If they are they would probably be termed hand culverins. Anyhow, they look the part.

Mark Copplestone’s hand cannons and crews …


… and light cannons with crews.

The light cannons alongside one of my Front Rank cannons.

4 comments:

  1. How have you found the Copplestone figures compared to the Perry plastics? Looking at your handgunners led me to other classic Copplestone figures: billmen, knights, etc. It's expensive to ship them to the USA, so I'd only want to get them if they are close to Perry. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bases are a bit thicker, but the overall proportions are compatible. I have made a head swap with a Perry plastic, and it looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news! Thank you so much for replying to my question. I love your posts here. I'll be curious to see what you do next.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your enthusiasm!

    I guess you saw yesterday’s post of a photo showing a comparison of the various manufacturers I am using?

    I am right at the beginning of this little adventure , so I’m curious about what I might do next too! 😉

    ReplyDelete